Welcome back to my blog! I hope everyone is doing well! In the past two weeks, as you may have noticed, I have been MIA from my blog; I have been very busy going here, there & everywhere with University Interviews! But, I am back today with a makeup tutorial using my Morphe 35O palette that I featured on my blog just before Christmas! I have included step-by-step instructions as well as pictures, which I hope help you if you want to recreate the look below. So, if you would like to learn how I created the eye look that I have been loving lately, then please keep on reading!
- The first step I take when creating any eye look is to prime the eye using Mac’s Paint Pot in the shade Soft Ochre; this cancels out any discolouration, giving the lid one solid & neutral colour. I then set the lid using the lightest colour of the Morphe palette, which is going to make blending the shadows out in the next step a lot easier.
- Next, I take a fluffy blending brush to start applying the transitional shades into the crease. For this, I use the two warm toned light brown shades highlighted below, and keep blending and building up the colour until I am happy with how it looks.
- I then begin to deepen the crease using the dark orange shade in the palette; this helps to ensure that the shadows all blend seamlessly together, whilst also intensifying the crease’s colour ready for the next step. After this, I then add the darker shades to the eyelid. For this, I mix the two red/orange shades (my favourite colours from this Morphe palette!), and pack them onto the outer corner of the eyelid. I again, keep blending and swapping brushes until I feel the colours transition into each other, whilst trying to keep the centre of the lid as neutral as possible.
- After this, I take the gold shimmery shadow on a flat brush and apply it to the centre of the lid in the space that has been left shadow free. I repeat this until there is a good coverage of shimmer, making sure it blends into the red/orange colours on the outer corner (it’s all about the blending!). On the inner half of the lid I then use my gold glitter liquid liner, which is actually from Pound Land! This liner is jam packed with flecks of gold glitter, and has surprisingly good coverage (although the pictures aren’t doing it justice 😦 I do recommend trying it out!). I have been loving doing this step recently as I think it adds a lot to the look, and that the gold compliments the warm tones very well.
- I then do my face makeup, including foundation, contour and highlight; which I also apply (generously) to the inner corner of my eye and underneath the brow bone. For this particular look I chose the Revolution Makeup highlight in the shade ‘Golden Lights’ as I think the gold tones matched the eye look perfectly! (for more information on this highlight then check out my last blog post). I then use a mixture of all the orange/red shades to apply underneath the eye to balance out the lid shadows. This is a step I definitely never miss and think it makes a real difference!
- To finish the eye look off, I take my black liquid liner (which works best over glitter) and create a wing on the top lash line. Finally, I apply a coat of my favourite mascara to both the top and bottom lashes, making sure to curl them first before I do so! This last step completes my Morphe 35O tutorial!
I hope you enjoyed this makeup themed post, be sure to let me know if you try it out for yourself! I have lots of new posts planned for the next few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled! P.S the lipstick I am wearing is Jeffree Star’s Velour Liquid Lipstick in the shade ‘Celebrity Skin’.
Thanks for reading,