Welcome back to my blog! As the title suggests, tonight’s post (two in one day, check me out!) is going to be a Haul of the makeup products I purchased whilst I was in NYC. I must have visited about five different Sephora’s during my time there; I needed to get my fix before heading home as we don’t have them in the UK (heart breaking, I know). However, I didn’t go crazy and buy too much, just a few products that were on my wish list! I also visited a few CVS stores, and picked up something that I have been wanting to try for a while now! The one product I didn’t manage to get my hands on whilst I was in the US was the Tarte Shape Tape concealer 😦 boooo. I found out that it is sold exclusively at Ulta, but unfortunately I didn’t manage to get to an Ulta store during my short stay. It is still on my wish list though… one day! If you would like to find out what products I did manage to get my hands on whilst I was in New York, then please keep on reading.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick in the shade ‘Stripped’: Did I need another nude coloured liquid lipstick? No. Did I want one? Yes. I was uming and awing over whether or not to buy this product; I really wanted to try an ABH liquid lip after hearing & seeing so much about them, but it wasn’t a necessity to my makeup collection considering how many similar shades I already own from previous brands. After picking it up and putting it back down in one Sephora store, I kept thinking ‘I wish I had bought it’ afterwards… that’s when you know you need something! The final Sephora we visited on the last day I decided to buy it; they only had one left in the colour I wanted (it must of been a sign)! ‘Stripped’ is the perfect nude shade that I know I will get my wear out of, and I can’t wait to try it out properly! ( $20 plus tax).
- Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb: When I visited the first Sephora I realised that they stocked Fenty Beauty, and I knew that I HAD to purchase something! I had heard good things about the foundation, but because I have normal-dry skin, I didn’t think it would be the best fit for me, plus I was on a time limit & so, didn’t want to spend ages getting shade matched etc. I then thought about getting one of the highlighters, but none of them grabbed my attention enough, apart from the gold one, but I definitely don’t think I could pull that one off! I decided instead to get the lipgloss! I had watched reviews & read about the product; it is meant to be the perfect lipgloss for all skin tones. Everyone in the video reviews seemed to love it, and I have gotten into wearing lipgloss much more recently, so thought I would give it a go! It is a subtle dark nude shade, that I will look amazing over so many of my other lip products! Not to mention the packaging is absolutely killer. I am obsessed! So glad I finally own a Fenty Beauty product! ($16 plus tax)
- Kat Von D liquid lipstick in the shade ‘Nahz Fur Atoo’: This product, which is a dark red/crimson coloured liquid lipstick, I bought as a gift for my eldest sister. She has been wanting a deep red coloured lip product from Jeffree Star Cosmetics called ‘Unicorn Blood’, but it recently went out of stock before she could get her hands on it. So, whilst I was in Sephora I decided to pick her a similar colour up for her… I hope she likes it! It is quite a vampy shade, something that suits my sister much more than me! ($20 plus tax)
- Nars Creamy Radiant concealer in the shade ‘Vanilla’: This product was a till temptation… you know when your queuing up to pay, or at the till and you’re surrounded by products that you probably don’t need, but somehow they make you think you need them. They got me! I have previously owned this concealer (about a year ago), and I did love it! I just used it up wayyy too fast. This version is actually a mini; I am a complete sucker for mini versions of products! I find them too cute. I thought that this way I won’t use it up as quickly as I don’t have a lot of product in the first place, so my plan is to only use it on special occasions. Also, because I couldn’t get my hands on the Tarte concealer, I thought that this one was a good substitute that I already know I love! ( $13 plus tax)
- Loreal Infallible Pro Glow foundation in the shade ‘202’: I have heard so many amazing reviews about this product! I had completely forget that CVS even did makeup when we went in… it was a very happy surprise when we realised! I was browsing all the drug store brands trying to remember what products YouTubers loved, when I found the foundation! I picked it up in the second lightest shade they had, which I hope will be a good match (they didn’t have any testers :() I can’t wait to try it out; fingers crossed I love it! ( about $14)
I hope you enjoyed this makeup themed post! I am already having Sephora withdrawals… I need to go back ASAP!
Thank you for reading,