Welcome back to my blog! I hope everyone is doing well! In the past two weeks, as you may have noticed, I have been MIA from my blog; I have been very busy going here, there & everywhere with University Interviews! But, I am back today with a makeup tutorial using my Morphe 35O palette that I featured on my blog just before Christmas! I have included step-by-step instructions as well as pictures, which I hope help you if you want to recreate the look below. So, if you would like to learn how I created the eye look that I have been loving lately, then please keep on reading!
- The first step I take when creating any eye look is to prime the eye using Mac’s Paint Pot in the shade Soft Ochre; this cancels out any discolouration, giving the lid one solid & neutral colour. I then set the lid using the lightest colour of the Morphe palette, which is going to make blending the shadows out in the next step a lot easier.
- Next, I take a fluffy blending brush to start applying the transitional shades into the crease. For this, I use the two warm toned light brown shades highlighted below, and keep blending and building up the colour until I am happy with how it looks.
- I then begin to deepen the crease using the dark orange shade in the palette; this helps to ensure that the shadows all blend seamlessly together, whilst also intensifying the crease’s colour ready for the next step. After this, I then add the darker shades to the eyelid. For this, I mix the two red/orange shades (my favourite colours from this Morphe palette!), and pack them onto the outer corner of the eyelid. I again, keep blending and swapping brushes until I feel the colours transition into each other, whilst trying to keep the centre of the lid as neutral as possible.
- After this, I take the gold shimmery shadow on a flat brush and apply it to the centre of the lid in the space that has been left shadow free. I repeat this until there is a good coverage of shimmer, making sure it blends into the red/orange colours on the outer corner (it’s all about the blending!). On the inner half of the lid I then use my gold glitter liquid liner, which is actually from Pound Land! This liner is jam packed with flecks of gold glitter, and has surprisingly good coverage (although the pictures aren’t doing it justice 😦 I do recommend trying it out!). I have been loving doing this step recently as I think it adds a lot to the look, and that the gold compliments the warm tones very well.
- I then do my face makeup, including foundation, contour and highlight; which I also apply (generously) to the inner corner of my eye and underneath the brow bone. For this particular look I chose the Revolution Makeup highlight in the shade ‘Golden Lights’ as I think the gold tones matched the eye look perfectly! (for more information on this highlight then check out my last blog post). I then use a mixture of all the orange/red shades to apply underneath the eye to balance out the lid shadows. This is a step I definitely never miss and think it makes a real difference!
- To finish the eye look off, I take my black liquid liner (which works best over glitter) and create a wing on the top lash line. Finally, I apply a coat of my favourite mascara to both the top and bottom lashes, making sure to curl them first before I do so! This last step completes my Morphe 35O tutorial!
I hope you enjoyed this makeup themed post, be sure to let me know if you try it out for yourself! I have lots of new posts planned for the next few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled! P.S the lipstick I am wearing is Jeffree Star’s Velour Liquid Lipstick in the shade ‘Celebrity Skin’.
Thanks for reading,
Welcome back to my blog! Today I thought I would share with you the makeup look I created on my twin. My sister never usually wears makeup (the complete opposite of me!) so I decided to go for a full glam look that would contrast completely with what she normally looks like. I loved the end result and I was very happy that she let me ‘Chloefy’ her! If you want to see how it turned out then please keep on reading!
The main eyeshadow palette I used was my Morphe 350-35 as I really wanted to use the warm brow/orange shades that are perfect for this time of year! And although I was worried about ruining all the hard work I put into blending the shadows by applying eyeliner, my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner made it super easy to create a precise bold wing! I am also pretty impressed with how it went to stay I how hard liquid liner can be to do on other people. For eyebrows, I used a taupe shade from my Naked Basics palette to match my sisters light/blonde eyebrows, and because the shade was pigmented enough to allow me to create a good shape. Overall I love how the eyes turned out but it was definitely a big difference for my sister to take in! I will 100% be recreating this eye look out on myself in the near future.
As for the face, I knew I wanted an intense glow to match the eyes, so I opted for my Revolution highlighter in the shade ‘Golden Lights’. It is an amazing iridescent white highlight with gold reflects… I’m in love with it! Finally, I wanted the lip colour to pull everything together; at first I went for a Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lip in the shade ‘Celebrity Skin’, but because my sister has very fair skin I thought the shade looked too dark and didn’t compliment the rest of the face. In the end I picked the metallic liquid lipstick that she bought me for Christmas by LA Splash in the shade ‘Aphrodite’. I think the copper/gold colour of the lips matched perfectly with the warm eyes and the golden shimmer of the highlight, to create a wearable yet full glam look.
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you want more details on all the products I used on my sister then check out my ‘NYE Makeup and Outfit’ post as I used the same for my makeup. I’d like to say a big thank you to my twin for letting me do her makeup( after much begging and bribing), I think she looks stunning both with the makeup and without! Keep your eyes peeled for my next blog post that will be coming soon!
Thanks for reading,
Welcome back to my blog, and my first makeup post. As we are now in the full swing of the holiday season, which means Christmas parties, work do’s and nights out, I thought a holiday themed glam look would be a perfect first beauty post. I hope you like the look I created, featuring red and gold eyes, and a classic red lip and, that it inspires you in the count down to Christmas. Full details on products I used will be below!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in the shade Ash Brown.
- Makeup Geek dual ended brow brush.
- Maybelline Brow Drama in medium brown.
- Freedom Pro Conceal and Correct palette in light – to clean up.
- Real Techniques detailer brush.
- Freedom Pro Conceal and Correct palette in light- as a base.
- Zoeva Concealer and Buffer Brush.
- Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette- colour Bitter Start- to set the concealer.
- Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection no.200
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Palette- Transition shade- Golden Ochre.Crease shade- Red Ochre.
- Nyx Sex Bomb Palette- Bright Red shade..
- Morphe M502 – blending brush.
- Zoeva 228 Luxe Crease brush.
- Mac 217- crease brush.
- Real Techniques Base Shadow brush.
- Loreal Paris individual shadow in the shade Wild Gold.
- Tedd Baker flat shadow brush.
- Mac Double Gleam highlighter- inner corner and brow bone.
- Tedd Baker small brush.
- N07 small brush- bottom lash line.
- Eyeliner- Rimmel Glam Eyes- black.
- Mascara- Benefit They’re Real- black.
- Stilla One Step Primer.
- Benefit Porefessional Primer.
- LA Girl Pro Conceal- Green.
- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer- 1.
- Loreal Paris True Match foundation in the shade N2 Vanilla.
- Sephora Beauty Blender.
- Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder in the shade 003 Peach Glow- set the foundation.
- MUA Hydra Powder- to bake.
- Real Techniques sponge- to bake.
- Real Techniques Powder brush.
- Kevin Aucoin Sculpting Powder in shade medium. – contour.
- Ted Baker Blush Brush.
- Bourjois Paris Chocolate Bronzing Powder.
- Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection no.103.
- Benefit Rockateur blusher.
- Real Techniques Blusher brush.
- Mac Double Gleam highlighter.
- Zoeva 129 Luxe Fan brush.
- Mac Redd lip liner.
- Mac Russian Red lipstick.
- Mac Fix+.
- Urban Decay All Nighter.
Thanks for reading,